Math 477/590: Survey of Mathematical Software
- Coursepack Supplement updated 2011-01-27
- Percent Pre-test
- Corrections to your Percent Pre-test (based on the answers revealed in class) are due Wed/Thu (depending on your section).
- If you don't have Excel, please download OpenOffice or use Google Docs.
- Turn in your spreadsheet homework by uploading it to EMU-Online.
If you have trouble, let me know ASAP by e-mail.
- Spreadsheet Homework 1, due 9pm on Wed/Thu (depending on your section).
- Chapter 1.3 exercises up to #18 (starts at page 48), due Thu Jan 20 (for Tue/Thu section), Mon Jan 24 (for Mon/Wed section)
- Spreadsheet Homework 2, due at 9am Saturday Jan. 29th via emuonline.edu
- Chapter 2.1: Wednesday's class did the one in the back of the book during class. Both sections have the 2nd such worksheet
(this one) due Mon/Tue (on paper, not online).
- Chapter 2.2: new worksheet here; done in class on Wednesday, and as homework for Thursday's cancelled class (due Tue. on paper, not online).
- Exam 1 is Wed/Thu Feb 2/3 in class.
- Practice Exam 1--due online 24 hours before your in-class exam.
- Chapter 2.3 (Percents) Excel template Change the filename to start with your last name.
Due Thursday at 9pm for Tue/Thu class, Saturday at 9am for Mon/Wed class, via emuonline.edu
- Read Chapter 2.5 for Wed/Thu Feb 9/10. Bring your book (especially the minimum wage worksheet) and a calculator
- updated CPI sheet here if you don't have the 2010-2011 coursepack.
- The Chapter 2.5 homework is in this Excel template; submit via
emuonline.edu by Wed/Thu Feb 16/17 by 9pm.
- Chapter 3.4 homework is here, due Mon/Tue March 7/8 in class (this is an electronic copy of what was handed out in class).
- Chapter 3.4 extra credit is here. Feel free to e-mail me and ask for help.
- Chapter 5.2: exercises 4-8, 23-28,31; due Wed/Thu March 9/10 in class, on paper.
- Chapter 5.3: exercises 4, 17-26, 29. due Mon/Tue March 14/15 in class, on paper. Also recommended: 27,28,32,34;
- Practice Exam 2; due 24 hours before your exam, via emuonline.edu
- Exam 2: Wed/Thu March 16/17 in class. Bring your note sheet and calculator. I will provide any CPI values you need, so you
don't need a CPI table on your note sheet.
- for Mon/Tue after the exam: do the SocSec history reading I e-mailed.
- for Wed/Thu March 23/24: review the SocSec history reading, and bring the worksheet we started on Mon/Tue.
- Chapter 6.1: exercises 9-12, 14, but do only the histograms, not the dotplots or stem-and-leaf plots. (optional/extra credit)
- Chapter 6.2: #9, 10, 12, 14, 15 (but on 10, do a histogram instead of a dotplot) (optional/extra credit)
- Main Link for Social Security Game
- Chapter 3.5 homework: the "Born to Buy" worksheet near the end of the Coursepack Supplement , due Wed/Thu April 6/7 in class (on paper).
- Chapter 5.4 homework: all exercises (but 12b is optional), due Mon/Tue April 11/12 in class (on paper)
- Practice Final Exam. Due via emuonline on Tuesday April 12 at 2pm for the Mon/Wed class, and Wed. April 13 at 9:30am for the Tue/Thu class.
- Final Exam for Mon/Wed: Wed. April 13 at 1:30-3:00 A HALF HOUR EARLY!
- Final Exam for Tue/Thu: Tue. April 19 at 9:00-10:30 A HALF HOUR EARLY!
Math 419/519/592: (Intro to) Stochastic Models
It was listed as Math 592, but it has now been changed to Math 519 (the 419 stayed the same).