Andrew M. Ross
- 2014 Summer Syllabus
- Coursepack Supplement
or as PDF
--I recommend not printing it, just viewing it electronically.
- first Percents homework
- Chapter 1.3: worksheet in class
- Chapter 1.4: Big Numbers worksheet #1 (worksheet page 51-52) in class
- Chapter 1.4: Big Numbers worksheet #2 (worksheet page 53-54); it is a multiple-choice assignment inside EMU-Online.
- Spreadsheet Homework 1 via EMU-Online dropbox
- Chapter 1.5: Compared to What (problems #1-#19); via EMU-Online dropbox
- Chapter 2.1: worksheets in class
- Chapter 2.2: download this spreadsheet file, and when you are done upload it to the ch22pcts dropbox on emuonline.
- Exam 1 (covers up through Ch 1.5)
- Chapter 2.3: skipping it
- Chapter 2.4: doing the worksheets in class. For homework, download this spreadsheet file and when you are done, upload it to the ch24 dropbox on emuonline.
- Chapter 2.7: Homework
- Spreadsheet Homework 2
- Chapter 5.2: exercises 4-8, 23-25, 27, 28, 31-33;
- Chapter 5.3: exercises 4, 17-26, 29.
- Chapter 3.4: Flat Tax homework distributed in class; can also get it here.
- Chapter 3.4: homework part 2 available here
Upcoming classes--Fall 2014
In this class, you'll learn how to model real situations as mathematical optimization (minimizing cost, maximizing lives saved, etc.), and the algorithms that computers use to solve those optimization problems. It's incredibly powerful--thousands of variables and constraints in class, and real-world problems can be solved with millions!
- Old Syllabus
- Note that in my sections, we shall pay special attention to the needs of pre-service teachers. So if you are a pre-service teacher, please consider signing up for my sections. All majors are welcome, of course.
Fun Data Sources