Dr. Russell Rhoton and I have investigated a decoupled plasma source and the processing of PET in an oxygen plasma. See his thesis at: http://commons.emich.edu/theses/330/ Dr. Kaninika Bhatnagar
and I studied what students think about "technology" and if their
opinions correlated to their interest in pursuing a college major in a technology area. Find her thesis at: http://commons.emich.edu/theses/135/
Currently I am working on a capacitively coupled radio frequency discharge at 13.56 MHz.
Diagnostics include plasma spectroscopy, Langmuir probe, and voltage and current measurements.
- K. Bhatnagar and M. Brake, “Gender differences in technology perceptions of high school students and their
intent to choose technology college majors”, Journal of Engineering Technology, Fall 2010
- "An Informal Survey of Calculus and Physics Requirments in Engineering Technology",
Harvey Lyons and M.L. Brake, The Technology Interface, Spring 2010
- "What Do Boys and Girls Think About Technology", K. Bhatnagar & M. L. Brake, ASEE June 2008, Pittsburg, PA
- "Choice of Technology Majors Among High School Students", K. Bhatnagar, M. L. Brake, A. Bellamy, & G. Bertsos,
AWL, Winter 2007, Advancing Women in Leadership Online Journal, Volume 23, Winter 2007
- "Matlab as a Tool to Increase the Math Self-Confidence and the Math Ability of First-Year Engineering Technology
Students", Chapter 3 in the book Toward Transformation, ed. J. Bernstein, published by the Bruce K. Nelson Faculty Development Center, Eastern
Michigan University, 2007